Safe Heat Lamps for Barns
Safe Heat Lamps for Barns
Farming is one of the famous activities, especially in far regions. Some people use gears and equipment such as heat lamps in order to provide enough heat for some farm animals particularly the small ones. Heat lamps, for example, are widely used especially during cold seasons.
These heat lamps are being used in the barns in order to manage the temperature and heating needs of farm animals. When doing farming activities, it is worth noticing that some equipment being used can post risks and hazards such as light and heat lamps.
The risk of fire is one of the worst nightmares of every farmer. That is why it is only important to use the equipment and other products that can prevent any untoward incidents when farming.
Some Tips when Using Heat Lamps
– Not all farm areas need to have heat lamps. It is important to remember that heat lamps must only be used when needed as they may provide fire risk. A hanging light bulb, for example, may dry the bedding below and may possibly cause a fire.
– Do not buy cheap heat lamps. Most fire cases result from using poorly made heat lamps that cannot withstand extreme heat. Instead, opt for heat lamps that may cost a lot more as they can guarantee safety since they are being made with high-quality materials such as thick cord and compliant electrical connections.
– Choose hard glass bulbs rather than the thin ones. You may consider a hard-glass bulb with 175 watts compared to a 250-watt but uses thing glass.
– Install the breaker panel. Most electricians would recommend to install or upgrade arc fault interrupter panel in most barns where the heat lamps are connected.
– Install a smoke detector where potential fire may occur with an external speaker attached to it.
– Have at least one fire extinguisher for emergency purposes.
If you are now ready to choose the best heat lamp for your barn, we have narrowed your choices in to top three heat lamps:
1. Simple Deluxe 2-Pack Clamp Lamp Light
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B06XD1PK37″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41Fujca3mEL.jpg” tag=”onlamps-20″ width=”500″]
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B06XD1PK37″ locale=”US” tag=”onlamps-20″]Simple Deluxe Lamp Light is a multifunctional lamp[/easyazon_link] that can be used for art studios, table lamp, photography, growth for indoor plants, and animal’s heat lamp. The Simple Deluxe is a practice lamp light that has firm clamping grips which do not leave marks on surfaces it is attached to.
It can be ideal both for indoor and outdoor uses. The Simple Deluxe Lamp Light has an 8.5-inch aluminum reflector that can be adjustable to achieve precise focus of light that you need. It has a standard on and off switch with six feet long cord.
The Simple Deluxe Lamp Light can surely provide a powerful light for barns. With its durable build made of scratch-resistant and vinyl sleeve with adjustable steel clamp powered by a durable spring which allows you to place and position the lamp in the most convenient and comfortable way you prefer.
It also has an adjustable ball joint that allows you to place the light for more focused illumination. For conventional use, the Simple Deluxe Lamp Light is an excellent choice especially for beginners
- Easy to use
- 150-watt base bulb
- Can be used anywhere
- With Adjustable ball joint
- May have lead content
[easyazon_link identifier=”B06XD1PK37″ locale=”US” tag=”onlamps-20″]Check Here for Price[/easyazon_link]
2. Woods 0165 Brooder Lamp with Bulb Guard
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B001BM5YZW” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41Jle9FVZQL.jpg” tag=”onlamps-20″ width=”375″]
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B001BM5YZW” locale=”US” tag=”onlamps-20″]Woods 0165 Brooder Lamp is a durable light lamp[/easyazon_link] that comes with bulb protector and adjustable metal reflector that can guarantee you with adequate protection and durability for your animals. It is an easy-to-use heat lamp which can be positioned conveniently.
You can place the heat lamp on a flat surface or hang it as it comes with built-in hook hanger. The Woods 0165 Brooder Lamp comes with a 10-inch adjustable reflector which can be adjusted for more focused lighting and evenly spread brightness.
This 250-watt versatile light lamp can warm farm animals, can be used in garage, studios, and more aside from just using it as a chick brooder lamp. Its brooder lamp also has a 10.5-inch reflector with six feet cord and can accept up to 250W bulb with a porcelain socket.
- Trusted brand
- Easy to use lamp
- Adjustable reflector
- Can be positioned on flat surface or hanging
- Does not have clamp
- Metal shield is malleable
[easyazon_link identifier=”B001BM5YZW” locale=”US” tag=”onlamps-20″]Check Here for Price[/easyazon_link]
3. Deluxe Clamp Brooder Lamp
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”492″ identifier=”B01MTEXPEZ” locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51LYlRiLsyL.jpg” tag=”onlamps-20″ width=”500″]
The [easyazon_link identifier=”B01MTEXPEZ” locale=”US” tag=”onlamps-20″]Deluxe Clamp Brooder is a lamp fixture with a 360-degree adjustable clamp feature.[/easyazon_link] Its clamp hanger can work well if you want to mount it. The lamp comes with two holes and a hanger at the top if you prefer to mount it to a chain or use it as an overhead hanging lamp.
This Deluxe Clamp Brooder Lamp is ideal for regions where the climate easily changes to chilly to warm. This heat lamp is a great choice for raising baby chicks at the farm since you might need to adjust the distance of the light from the animals which depends on the weather.
This heat lamp includes four heat protection guard and a standard UL power cord of 6 feet. It has a ceramic bulb socket (Type A) that can handle the heat. It can work well with 125 watts or 250-watt bulbs.
- 360-degree adjustable clamp
- Can be mounted or hang
- Ideal for places with changing seasons
- Great choice for raising chicks
- Comes with protection guard
- Clamps work well
- No instructions included
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01MTEXPEZ” locale=”US” tag=”onlamps-20″]Check Here for Price[/easyazon_link]
When it comes to raising farm animals at the barn, it is essential to have heat lamps that could provide adequate heating needs to them and as well as provide safety for your place. Heat lamps can become dangerous equipment only if they are not properly handled.
To prevent any fire hazards in a barn, it is recommended to choose a heat lamp that is durable, made of premium quality materials, and can be used for a long time. Some high-quality heat lamps are expensive but are guaranteed to provide you peace of mind without stressing over possible risk.